Saturday, December 14, 2013

December Days -snow angels


I can't say that I remember snow angels being a huge deal. I remember making them but I was always disappointed that I ended up with footprints in them and a simply unrecognizable something in the snow. Somehow I just couldn't get the hang of it.
But our little Sweet Pea, now that's another story. Snow angels are exciting, glorious even. As soon as there is a dusting of snow she can't wait to get outside to make snow angels wherever she can. We had to bundle up before breakfast one morning because we just couldn't wait to lay down in that beautiful white snow and create a whole new series of angels.
She's renewed my joy in stretching out in the soft white snow and creating flowing garments for my angels while enjoying the bright blue sky or catching snowflakes on my bare face. Don't worry, I've figured out how to get up without destroying my creations and I help our little girl to her feet so she can enjoy and admire their beauty.

It really wouldn't be winter without snow angels.

No comments: